Because I believe it is such an important part of life, I decided to create my own list to prove why. Yay!! For the passed few days I've researched, asked people, read and read until I came up with 50 reasons why I think it's most important. So this isn't copied from a stupid Cosmo mag or one of my books. Most printed articles contain top 10's or 20's. Now so you know, some of these do contain hard evidence and valid studies with numbers and percentages and stats. I didn't include them because this would just end up being WAY too long. SO in case you want more to the story, look it up. I've compiled a list of websites and books and people which will be included at the end :) :) ENJOY!!!!!!
1. It feels great!
2. For relaxation. Most of us live/work in a city and we know what the city does to our stress levels. Take the time to unwind!
3. Those flying solo - keeps us from jumping on the first male/female we see at a bar, in the street, in the elevator, wherever.
4. Helps lower cholesterol during periods of stress.
5. HOT foreplay!
6. If you masturbate 1 to 2 times per week, you're less likely to get sick.
7. Adds excitement to a traffic jam, long plane trips and boring days at the office. (well except mine...there's nothing sexy about my office at all...I mean other than the sexy coworkers)
8. Attn: guys...it helps prevent prostate cancer. Ejaculation prevents carcinogens from building up in the prostate gland.
9. It kills the midnight run to the fridge because of munchies.
10. Gives us an excuse to look up porn!
11. No pick-up lines, two hours of beautifying or four shots of tequila are needed to take yourself home.
12. Makes intercourse last longer.
13. Increase in sexual awareness.
14. Helps lower blood pressure during times of stress.
15. A RELEASE...period.
16. Helps keep menstrual cycles in check.
17. Expression of self love.
18. In case you're waiting for marriage...then this is a must
19. It's free!
20. Improves circulation.
21. Learn to love thyself down there. The fact that we were blessed to experience orgasms is enough to treat yourself like a star down there.
22. Genitals stay alive, satisfied and healthy!
23. Helps us sleep. The safe sleeping pill.
24. Makes you a better lover-lover. *wink wink*
25. Burn some calories! I mean we all know sex burns more but masturbating is a hell of a lot more satisfying than a mini snickers bar.
26. Mutual masturbation = mutual pleasure. You and yours can watch each other, lend a helping hand...never a wrong way.
27. Speaking of mutual masturbation, I discovered my next reason - it's educational! Learn what your boo boo loves by watching. And I know it's hot but make sure you pay attention!
28. Relieves depression because it leads to a higher sense of self worth.
29. Always a happy ending.
30. Sometimes your boyfriend's fingers just don't cut it. (sorry guys)
31. Just do it for all those who think they don't need to. I don't like you by the way.
32. Giving yourself orgasms equals true sexual independence.
33. Encourages you to create fantasies of your own. Get creative asap!
34. Valuable alone time! (start that bubble bath you've been needing so badly, light your candles, slip on something comfy...)
35. Not only does it give you an excuse to look at porn, but it also gives you a reason to try out some fun toys :)
36. Turns on your partner. Put on a little show for your cutie. Especially if you've never done it before - they'll be floored.
37. It's safe! No worries about plan B, diaphrams, your nuva-ring being thrown across the room, STD's or losing a condom up there after a one night stand! ....
38. Waiting for your date to arrive? Masturbate! Have 20 minutes to wait for Dominos? Masturbate! Waiting on a long line for a ride at Six Flags? Masturbate! Maybe not the last one but you get the point.
39. Temporary high without the drugs.
40. Only time you can "touch" or "feel" or "undress" Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie. Or both.
41. Natural pain killers! Forget popping four motrin. Orgasms release endorphins which are our natural chemicals used to fight pain. Hiiiiyah! Take that, migraine!
42. Excellent cardio workout for us lazy people.
43. YOU are your best lover.
44. Teaches us to separate love from just sex. This is mostly for you ladies because it takes much more for us to orgasm with a partner. Just because you experience an orgasm doesn't mean he's Prince Charming, moving in next week and you'll live happily ever after.
45. Boosts confidence and self esteem.
46. Guarantees a hell of a good time.
47. Look hotter! Orgasm also releases hormones that make you glow. Skin and hair become softer and shinier.
48. You are in charge. You make the calls. One of the few times you can shamelessly be SELFISH!
49. Because your mother, father, Auntie Em, priests, nuns, religion, culture, history, teachers, "friends", society says not to because you'll grow hair on your palms, go to hell, your penis will fall off, etc.
50. Because I said so.
And some side thoughts...
Most may think if you're masturbating, it must mean you're not getting any which MUST mean you're not desirable. You can't get the real "buns" or "dick" or "booty call". OR (and my favorite) once you are seriously dating someone, you need to stop. WRONG! First, like I've mentioned above, orgasms release beneficial chemicals that do everything from add shine to your hair to boost your confidence. I'm not saying that if you start masturbating three times a day you'll eventually have a harem or all of the Chippendales dancers around your bed. But there is nothing better than feeling good from something you can do all by yourself because you CAN. Finally if you are with someone, you're more sexual. Therefore you should be doing it more often. Not to mention, especially for the ladies, you can orgasm easier with your partner because of your dedication to solo sex.
List of sites and books and people
penilefitness.com
cfsh.ca
wikipedia.org
forums.phoenixlabs.org
SEX by Stephen Arnott
Hot Sex: How to Do It by Tracy Cox
Yours Truly :)
M.Harris
CTI/CBI crew (haha...I work here for a reason)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now, I know I read this somewhere on the list, but I wanted to reinforce the fact that masturbation truly helps us learn about ourselves, and that is something important as well.
Being sex-less for two years, I have frequently flown solo in this department. Let me tell you how much it has opened my mind to so many new things! The last relationship I was in was with a conservative man who wasn't very willing to expirement. We broke up, and finding myself single and on my own allowed me to open my eyes to all the different kinds of porn, toys, and creative methods to enjoy my own body...
But! It also taught me what my body wants. You'll learn that certain techniques work for you better than others, you'll learn that certain moods will make you want different techniques, or different toys, or different kinds of porn. You'll lean that sometimes, you just are not in the mood to be sexually engaged (and thats ok too). In regularly masturbating you have the potential to learn sooo much about yourself.
The benefit of this being that the next time you are with a partner, you'll look like an expert in bed! Also, you will most likely have that much better a time if you can guide him, or even take charge of yourself because you'll know what it takes to get you off... and chances are, if you watch porn when you're alone, you'll pick up some tips on how to please your partner as well.
Marvelous blog Jenn!!
::She just gave you all fifty good reasons to do the naughty! Why are you still reading!?!::
It's funny how there are still people out there who front and say no I don't do that blah blah blah. But masturbating is very natural and healthy. Yes there are some people who would say what about your religion and doesn't say not to do such things? Yes that is true, but I feel masturbation gives people relief and self assurance. I know so many stories where some people would actually not be sexually active and believed in his religion so much he wouldn't touch himself at all for years. Next thing you know he has problems geting it up and even the doctor says it's very unhealthy to keep all that stuff inside you will end up with a bad case of blue balls. So for all you people out there stop fronting and there is nothing wrong with getting yourself off really and I know you guys know that because almost all of you are doing it anyway but denying it as usual lol
Post a Comment